A Natural Deer Repellent
The manufacturer of Bobbex lists this product is effect at controlling Whitetail Deer, Black Tail Deer, Mule Deer, Sika Deer, Elk and Moose. Use only on ornamental plants, the flavors of the rotten eggs, fish oil, and garlic will effect the taste of fruits and vegetables when applied to such plants. They state that Bobbex is also “a nutritional product providing ingredients which favorably increase plant vitality and vigor.”
- Application Type: foliar spray
- Deer Control Method: smell and taste.
- Active Ingredients: meat meal, fish oil, putrescent eggs, garlic and other naturally occurring ingredients.
- Rain Resistant: During the growing season, reapply every 7-14 days in normal rainfall. Heavy rain and snowfall will make it necessary to reapply more often. In winter, reapply approximately every 2 months.
- Chemical Makeup: natural: environmentally safe, biodegradable and non-toxic.
- EPA Registered: exempt
- Plant Safety: test foliage for signs of burning before applying. Thought to be non-burning on most plants. Safe for ornamental plants. Safe on certain vegetables.
- Professional Endorsement: none
Total Cost & Coverage per Unit
Ready To Use (RTU):
32 fl oz spray bottle @ $18.75 (No area coverage stated)
48 fl oz pump bottle @ $25.75 (No area coverage stated)
32 fl oz – makes 2.5 gal. @ $27.75 (No area coverage stated)
1/2 gal. – makes 4.5 gal. @ $54.95 (No area coverage stated)
2.5 gal. – makes 22 gal. @ $175.00 (No area coverage stated)
(Also available in 5 gal. – makes 45. gal. @ $299.75)
Requires 5-6 hours drying time before rainfall, irrigation or freezing temperatures. All foliage must be completely dry before spraying for best sticking action.
Winter Application: 5:1 dilution … Season Application: 8:1 dilution
RTU or Ready to Use Solution: shake well before each use; spray each plant to be protected (stem, leaves and flowers) until completely wet to the point of drip. Concentrate solution: Mix according to label direction with water. Spray all parts of the plants to be protected; stems, leaves and flowers. Spray each plant until wet to the point of a drip. For best results – only spray when plants are completely dry and begin your spray program when plants are 1/1″ out of ground in spring.
** New plant growth does require further spray applications to protect young foliage from deer browsing.
Actual User Comments:
“I know it does make some plants bigger and more robust than normal when you spray after every rain washes it off. It does smell pretty bad until it dries so hopefully you’re not spraying a large area …” DavesGarden.com
“The deer have been ravaging my flower gardens despite the Deer-Off, Bobbex, Deerout, yada, yada, yada … GardenWeb.com
“I find Bobbex saves my roses where nothing else has….it does not have to be applied frequently or reapplied after a rain …” GardenWeb.com
“also have used Bobex. The liquid fence is smellier than the other and seems to last longer …” GardenWeb.com
If you are not satisfied with the product, Bobbex will either refund or replace the product. Request must be accompanied with proof of purchase.